The Five Top Storage Unit Rental Tips
Posted on: October 13, 2017 | by: admin
There are many reasons why people choose to use a storage unit. Some of the most common reasons are moving, home renovations or not having enough storage space in their house. Knowing what to expect when using a storage unit will help you to get the most out of your storage unit rental.
Here are some tips to help you get the most out of your storage unit rental!
Storage Rental Tips to Help You Get the Most Out of Your Storage Unit
- Use Pallets: If your storage unit is located on the first floor, or is an outside unit, you should use palettes. While self storage units are designed to be waterproof, there is a chance that water will get in when you open the door. Placing a pallet under your boxes will elevate your belongings and stop water damage from occurring.
- Always Use an All-Weather Lock: Although nearly all storage units at Lighthouse Self Storage in Miami have their own lock and have security on-site, adding an all-weather padlock will be an extra barrier of protection. An all-weather padlock will make it harder for someone to break into your storage unit because it will not be susceptible to damage caused by the elements. Thieves will look for a lock that has suffered damage
- Label Everything: While you are going to know where everything is in your storage unit Miami when you put the items in, you are not going to remember where specific items are in 3 months to a year. If you do not label the boxes, you could have to dig through every box to find what you are looking for. You also may want to make a list of where items are if they are hidden by other items in the unit, so they are easier to find.
- Use Space Wisely: Even the smallest unit can fit a lot of items inside of it. Use your space wisely and pack items to the ceiling. If you have a small unit that needs to fit a lot of items, you should bring plywood. Plywood allows you to stack more boxes on top of each other without having to worry about the boxes being crushed.
- Protect the Storage Facility: While you may worry about the items that you are putting in the unit, you also need to be concerned about the unit itself. There are fines if you do any damage to the unit or the storage facilities. Always check for damage before putting your items in, and take photos of the damage. You should also make sure to report it at that time because you do not want to be the one paying for the damage, especially if you didn’t do it.
Lighthouse Self Storage is Here for You
Following these top storage rental tips can help to save you time and money. If you have additional questions, stop by or contact Lighthouse Self Storage in West Palm Beach. We have managers waiting onsite to answer any questions you may have.