Holiday Tips to Prepare Your Home
Posted on: December 1, 2017 | by: admin
The holiday season is upon us! This time of year is not only the season of caroling and making cookies, but also hosting holiday parties corporate events and overnight guests. If the thought of hosting holiday events this season makes you more stressed than jolly, try out these tips to prepare your home for the holiday!
The Best Stress Free Holiday Tips
Spend less time stressing and more time enjoying the holiday season by using these stress-free holiday tips!
- Start ASAP: We all know how the holiday season goes, you blink your eyes and the holidays are here. Instead of waiting until the last minute to prepare your home for the holidays, start now. Try to view your house from the eyes of a guest. Would the guest notice that stain on the carpet or rip in the couch? If so, take care of it.
- Don’t Forget Appliances: Appliances take a beating during the holiday season. Between heating up casseroles, holiday ham and butter for the cookies, it’s a miracle they don’t ask for a raise. And if you think your guests won’t have to use your microwave or oven to reheat their holiday contribution, you’re probably wrong. Take the time to clean your microwave and oven to remove any caked-on food. Don’t forget about the outside of your appliances, the handle of appliances can be a germ fest.
- Organize the Fridge: The amount of food you will have to somehow fit into your fridge during the holiday season is astounding. Make this task easier on yourself by organizing your fridge ahead of time. Empty condiment bottles and jars can be recycled or thrown out. If you’re really crunched on space, consider chilling beverages in the cold garage or a cooler instead of the fridge.
- Declutter the Home: If your home is too cluttered, it can be impossible to comfortably fit all of your holiday guests and decorations. Seasonal items, or items that are not needed right now, should be moved somewhere out of the way. If you are not having overnight guests, a spare bedroom may be a great storage solution.
- Set Weekly Goals: Getting all of the shopping, baking and cleaning done before the holidays can seem like a very daunting task. Instead of viewing the project as a whole, break it into sections by setting weekly goals. A good example of this may be tackling the cleaning and decluttering of one room of your house a week.
Are You Looking for More Storage Space?
If you’re in need of additional storage options this holiday season, consider a storage unit rental. A storage unit is a great temporary option for getting unneeded clutter out of the home during the holiday season. Lighthouse Self Storage has various sized monthly storage rental options perfect for temporary seasonal storage. Or, you may discover that you love the decluttered look and turn your short-term rental storage rental into a long term rental. We’ll let you decide.
Are you interested in learning more about a holiday season storage unit rental? Contact us today!