Important Tips for Moving Out of a Storage Unit
Posted on: August 27, 2018 | by: admin
Storage units are great for those life moments where you’re in between homes or traveling. But once you’re settled again, you may not need your storage unit anymore. In order to help you with the moving out process, here are a few moving out tips to follow.
Where Can I Find Information Regarding Moving Out of my Storage Unit?
We want to make the move-out process as easy and comprehensible as possible. When you move into your storage unit, you will be given a document stating the full details of our move-out policy. But just to give you an idea of what the move-out policy looks like, we’ve put together 5 quick move-out tips.
Storage Unit Move Out Notice and Other Moving Out Tips
- Storage Unit Move Out Notice: Before you move out, we request a 10-day written notice. This is simply for us to make sure we have everything ready for you on your move-out day.
- Clear All Items Out of the Storage Unit: When vacating your storage unit, do not leave any items behind. If you leave items behind, you may receive a clean-out fee.
- Leave the Storage Unit How You Found it: When you vacate your storage unit, try to leave it the way you found it. To the best of your ability, clean up any spills, remove any stains that may have occurred and sweep the floor.
- Remove the Storage Unit Lock: If your lock is not removed before you move out, we will have to cut it. After you clear out your storage unit, take the lock with you.
- Inform Management When You Leave: After you have moved out of your storage unit, stop by our office to inform the management team that your unit is vacant. This can help to reduce confusion and will keep us on the same page regarding the termination of your storage unit lease.
Moving Out of Your Storage Unit is a Breeze with Lighthouse Self Storage
If you have additional questions regarding the move-out process, please contact us. If in the future you find yourself looking again for a storage unit rental, we hope you consider Lighthouse Self Storage. If you are moving out your storage unit due to a move, consider one of our other storage facility locations. Lighthouse Self Storage has storage facilities in Whittier, CA, Westminster, CA, Oceanside, CA, Carson, CA, Homestead, FL, Fort Lauderdale, FL and West Palm Beach, FL. Reserve your storage unit today!