5 Smart Tips for Keeping Your New Year’s Resolution All Year Long
Posted on: January 5, 2019 | by: admin
With the fresh start of a new year, it is common for people to make New Year’s Resolutions. Unfortunately, more often than not, these New Year’s resolutions end up being unfulfilled. But did you know that following a few simple tips may help you reach your goals easier? Try out these 5 tips for keeping New Year’s resolutions!
How to Keep Your New Year’s Resolutions
- Focus on only a few resolutions: When making your New Year’s resolutions, you may discover there are a few areas you want to work on. Be cautious planning your resolutions to not focus on too many. Focusing on too many resolutions can be overwhelming and actually decrease your likelihood of fulfilling any of them.
- Break your goals into smaller mini-goals: Deciding that you want to save $5,000 dollars before next year may seem like a very intimidating goal. Instead, break it down into a mini goal of saving $1,250 in 3 months. This will make your goal feel much more attainable.
- Tell family and friends: View your New Year’s resolutions as an opportunity to better your life. During this time, you will more than likely need support from your family and friends. For example, if your goal is to hit the gym more often, ask a friend or family member if they want to be workout buddies.
- Track your progress: In order to stay motivated, it can be helpful to see how far you’ve come. For example, if your resolution is to lose weight, weigh yourself twice a month and record your weight in a journal.
- Understand that setbacks are normal: It is important to understand that it is normal to have a setback or temporarily lose motivation. When this happens, don’t quit. Instead, take it day by day. Set a goal to make it 24 hours without breaking your resolution. Once the 24 hours are over, try to make it 24 more. Breaking your goal into smaller goals can make it much easier to achieve.
Organize Your Home with a Storage Unit Rental!
Another common New Year’s resolution is to have a more organized home. But, let’s be honest here, everyone can use a little help with their resolutions. If you have found yourself needing more storage space, consider a storage unit rental.
Lighthouse Self Storage has storage facilities all throughout California and Florida:
- Cooper City, FL
- West Palm Beach, FL
- Homestead, FL
- Fort Lauderdale, FL
- Whittier, CA
- Westminster, CA
- Oceanside, CA
If you’re looking to store a few smaller items, consider a 5×5 storage unit. For storing larger items or more items, check out our 5×10 and 10×10 storage units. Stay organized this year and reserve a storage unit with Lighthouse Self Storage!