How to Store Books
Posted on: May 17, 2019 | by: admin
As any reading lover knows, it is easy to acquire a large number of books. Collecting books can take time and effort, and it is important to you that your books maintain their quality. In order to keep your book collection in the best shape possible, it is important to store it properly. Check out this blog for the top tips for storing books!
5 Tips for Storing Books Long-Term in a Storage Unit
- Make sure all books are clean: It isn’t uncommon to eat while reading a good book. Unfortunately, this is a disastrous combo because not only can food make a mess on the pages, it can also cause mold or mildew to form or attract pests to your book collection. Any books that have a food residue should not be stored in a storage unit.
- Use storage containers for your books: It is necessary to protect your books from damage during storage. When storing books, always use new plastic storage containers.
- Wrap the books: Any buildup of dust or dirt on books can result in permanent damage. In order to prevent damage from occurring to your books, wrap each book in a protective material like a paper towel. This will also help to cushion and pad the books, so they don’t become bent or damaged.
- Choose a smart storage position: When storing your book collection, it is important to choose a storage position that will protect your books from damage. One great option is to store the books in the container vertical. This will help to cushion the book spine to prevent it from becoming damaged. Another great option is to store the books horizontally. When storing books horizontally in a storage container, make sure the heaviest books are on the bottom and the lightest books are towards the top.
- Utilize a climate controlled storage unit: A climate controlled storage unit will help to protect your books from any dangerous fluctuations in temperature. When storing sensitive items, like books, it is extremely necessary to use a climate controlled storage unit. Over time, fluctuations in temperature can damage the pages and cause the ink to run.
Looking for a Book Storage Unit Near You?
Lighthouse Self Storage has storage facilities all throughout Florida and California, in West Palm Beach, FL, Homestead, FL, Fort Lauderdale, FL, Whittier, CA, Westminster, CA and Oceanside, CA. Our storage facilities offer a variety of climate controlled storage unit sizes, including the 5×5, 5×10 and 10×10 storage unit.
Make space in your collection and reserve a storage unit with Lighthouse Self Storage today!