How to Move a TV into Storage
Posted on: November 16, 2018 | by: admin
Your TV means a lot to you. The nights spent together binge watching tv shows and movies will never be forgotten. But you may be looking for a location to store your television. Maybe you have recently upgraded electronics but still want to keep your television for future use because it is in good working condition. Or, maybe you are moving soon and need a temporary storage spot for your prized possession. Whatever the reason, it’s important to properly move and store your TV. Find the best tips for moving and storing a TV below.
Looking for quick tips for storing a TV? Check out this video!
How to Move a TV
Whether you’re storing your TV for a month or a few years, there are very important steps you need to follow when storing a TV.
- Clean the TV: It’s important to properly clean the TV before putting it into storage. Use compressed air to remove dust from any of the TV’s crevices. Wipe down the TV with a soft, damp cloth. Clean the TV screen with a microfiber cloth.
- Use the TV box: The best method for storing a TV is to use the original box the TV came in. If you did not hold onto the original TV box, contact the store your TV came in to see if they have any extras.
- Enlist help: A TV is very susceptible to damage when it is being moved. If you have a large TV, it is important to never move it by yourself. Any dings or bangs to the TV can not only cause damage, it can also impact your viewing experience. Depending on the size of your TV, it may even be necessary to use moving straps.
- Always keep the TV upright: When you are moving the TV, avoid laying it flat because it can result in severe damage.
How to Store a TV
- Use a climate controlled storage unit: When storing a TV, always use a climate controlled storage unit. A climate controlled storage unit will help to protect the TV from any dangerous or damaging fluctuations in temperature.
- Elevate the TV: Overtime, moisture can seep up from the floor of your storage unit. If the TV box is touching the floor, it is possible that your TV can be exposed to moisture. Use pallet boards to keep your items off of the floor of your storage unit.
- Store the TV upright: Just like when moving the TV, it is important to keep the TV upright in storage. Laying the TV down during storage can permanently damage the TV.
Are You Looking for a Location to Store Your TV?
Lighthouse Self Storage has storage facilities in Whittier, CA, Westminster, CA, Oceanside, CA, Homestead, FL, Fort Lauderdale, FL and West Palm Beach. Our storage facilities offer a variety of storage unit sizing, including the 5×5, 5×10 and 10×10 storage unit.