The Top Decluttering and Home Organization Tips
Posted on: December 21, 2017 | by: admin
During the holiday season and around New Year’s, it isn’t uncommon to want to take a few steps back and reorganize or declutter the home. Follow these tips for a more organized home this New Year!
Home Organizational Tips for a Stress-Free Year
- New Year, New Home: Now is the best time to declutter and organize. Use the New Year, and a new start, as a motivational point. View your decluttering project as something that is preparing you and your family for a great year ahead.
- Decluttering Your Home is Essential: Before you can organize your home, it is necessary to declutter. Items you rarely or no longer use do not need to be in your home. Instead, consider donating, selling or giving them to a family member. For a little extra profit and to get rid of unneeded items, try to sell your items online
- Invest in Decorative Storage Solutions: if you are tight on storage space, consider getting decorative baskets or shelving to store items. This is a smart and easy way to keep your home looking put together while still being functional.
- Consider Renting a Storage Unit: If you have items in your home that you do not want to get rid of but no longer need in the house, consider renting a storage unit. A storage unit is a good option for seasonal clutter. Imagine how your house would look if you could use the closet you normally store all of your holiday and Halloween décor and instead store things your family actually uses year-round. Instead of having commonly used items, like blankets or board games lying around your living room, they can simply be tucked away in the closet. Many home owners benefit from having garage sales to get rid of any unwanted things. If you want to declutter your home now, but see having a garage sale as the best means for getting rid of your unwanted items, consider renting a storage unit. Storing your items in a storage unit allows you to declutter the house now, while still reaping the benefits of a garage sale when the weather warms up.
- Be Progressive with Clutter: The best way to avoid having a cluttered home is to not let it get cluttered. Set some time aside every week for small organization goals.
Are You Looking for Some Extra Storage Space?
Lighthouse Self Storage has storage units throughout California and Florida, ready for any of your household storage needs. Are you looking for a storage unit, but you aren’t sure how big of a rental you’ll need? Use our online storage unit calculator as your resource, or simply stop in to one of our storage facilities and talk to one of our friendly self storage managers about what size storage unit will work for you!