How to Keep Home Organization New Year’s Resolutions in 2018
Posted on: January 5, 2018 | by: admin
During the first few months of January, it isn’t uncommon to make New Year’s Resolutions. These resolutions can range from fitness, to spiritual to organization goals. While these goals are great, the easiest part of making a New Year’s Resolution is making it, then comes the hard part of keeping it. If you are striving for a more organized New Year, try out these home organization tips!
Top Tips for Keeping Home Organization New Year’s Resolutions
- Break Down Each Goal: When you view a goal , it can seem like an extremely daunting take. Break down your large goal of having a more organized household into smaller, more attainable goals. Strive to organize one room at a time. This will seem like a more attainable goal and will be easier to stay motivated.
- Make Each Goal Timely: It is easy to put off making the changes needed to achieve your New Year’s Resolutions. By making your goals timely, and setting goals for having a certain part of that task done by a certain time, you will stay more motivated. In alignment with the example above, aim to have one room organized every month.
- Motivate Your Family: By yourself, it can be hard to stay motivated. Instead, enlist the help of your family members. Tell your kids that after each room is organized, they can get dinner at their favorite restaurant or pick out a new toy. This will not only entice them to help you, it will also motivate them to clean up toys and other items around the house.
- Set Realistic Goals: If you are having a hard time reaching your New Year’s Resolution it may be because it is simply unrealistic. While you may like to have your entire home organized within the first month of January, that just isn’t realistic. Keeping your goals realistic will prevent you from giving up because it seems unattainable.
- Create a Rule to Get Rid of Items: If you haven’t used an item without the last year, you most likely will also not use it within the next year. It can be impossible to organize your home if it is too decluttered. Getting rid of items that are not needed is a good place to start.
Do You Still Need More Space?
If you have spent time decluttering your home, but still just have too much stuff, consider utilizing a storage unit. A storage unit is a smart solution for getting seasonal items like decorations, clothes or other uncommonly needed items out of the house.
Lighthouse Self Storage has storage locations throughout California and Florida, ready to meet your storage needs. If you’re looking for storage in Homestead, FL, or Fort Lauderdale, FL, contact us today!