The Best Holiday Decoration Storage Tips for an Organized New Year
Posted on: December 8, 2017 | by: admin
You spend hours hanging decorations, stringing lights and decorating the tree for the holiday season, only for it to be over in a flash. Now you are tasked with finding a storage locations for your holiday decorations so they will be ready for you next holiday season. Holiday decorations are often passed from family member to family member and can be very sentimental. This means that in order to protect them for the next holiday season, they need to be properly stored. Try out these holiday decoration storage tips to keep your decorations safe for the next holiday season!
Storing Christmas Ornaments and Other Holiday Items
- Store Special Ornaments in Original Containers: The best way to store your holiday ornaments is in the original container it came in. When you buy or receive new ornaments, hold on to the container for storage purposes.
- Prepare Ahead of Time: Preparing ahead of time for the storage of your holiday decorations will make storing them much easier. When you’re wrapping gifts this holiday season, hold on to the wrapping paper rolls to be used to store lights. Additionally, hold on to your extra egg cartons from baking to use for the storage of your bulbs and ornaments later on.
- Store Wreaths on Hangers: It is important to take precautionary steps to protect your wreaths during storage. In order to keep your wreaths from getting crushed or ruined during storage, hang them on hangers. Additionally, use a garment bag or trash bag to cover your wreaths and keep dust or dirt from settling on them.
- Wrap Candles in Cellophane: In order to keep wrapping material from transferring or getting stuck to the candle during storage, refrain from wrapping your candle in anything besides cellophane.
5. Store Items in Clear Storage Containers: Store any miscellaneous holiday decorations in clear storage containers. There’s nothing more frustrating than having to dig through storage bins in search of a particular holiday decorations. Storing your holiday decorations in clear storage containers will keep you organized and save you time.
- Be Cautious of Your Storage Location: While it may seem like a smart solution to store your holiday decorations in an empty corner in your basement or attic, the moisture in these locations can be detrimental to any sensitive items. The last thing you want next holiday season is to go to retrieve your decorations, handmade stockings and ornaments only to find that they have been ruined by mold or mildew. Instead of storing your holiday decorations in the attic or basement, consider storing them in a spare closet in your house.
Lighthouse Has Your Holiday Decoration Storage Needs Covered
If you do not have a spare closet to store your holiday decorations that will keep them safe from fluctuations in temperature, humidity or moisture, consider utilizing a storage unit. At Lighthouse Self Storage we have storage 4X3 and 4X4 sized storage units, comparable to any small closet and perfect for storing holiday decorations. Contact one of our storage facilities in California or Florida today with any of your household storage needs.