Hiring Movers vs. a DIY Move
Posted on: February 23, 2018 | by: admin
Are you thinking about hiring movers to help with your move? You’re not alone. When it comes to something as stressful as moving, hiring help can seem like a smart solution. But, is hiring a mover the best solution for you? In this post, we break down the benefits of hiring movers verse the benefits of a DIY move.
The Benefits of a DIY Move
There are many benefits of doing a DIY move. Below, you will find three benefits of doing a DIY move as opposed to hiring movers.
- More Control: When you move yourself, you have complete control over the move. Movers will have certain windows of that that they are able to help with your move. Also, while a mover will hopefully have the best interest of your items in mind, they may not pack your items as carefully as you would.
- Lower Cost: Hiring movers can be expensive. Many movers will either charge hourly rates or quote you half of the move before it happens. When you move yourself, your moving expenses can drastically decrease.
- Avoid Moving Scams: Sadly, there are many scams involved with hiring a moving company. When you do a DIY move, you avoid opening yourself up to moving scammers.
The Benefits of Hiring Movers
There are also many benefits of hiring movers. Below, you will find three benefits of hiring movers as opposed to doing a DIY move.
- Movers are More Experienced: Most likely, you have only moved a handful of times. Even though it isn’t your first move, unexpected problems can pop up that you will not have had experience with. A moving company has helped with hundreds of moves and has seen every roadblock out there.
- Less Stress on Friends and Family: It’s common to rely on the help from family and friends during a move. When you hire movers, you won’t have to ask for much, if any, help from family and friends.
- Reduce the Chance of Injury: Movers have been trained on how to avoid injuring themselves during a move. Without the right tools and experience, it would be easy to injure yourself during a move.
Do You have to Move Out of Your Old Home Before the New Home is Ready?
It isn’t uncommon to have to move out of your old home before your new home is ready. So where do you put all of your items until your new home is ready?
Whether you chose to do a DIY move or hire movers, a self storage unit can be a solution for you. Lighthouse Storage has storage facilities throughout Florida and California, offering long-term or short-term rental solutions. Our storage facilities have both standard and storage units that can control the climate ranging in various sizes. Contact us to rent a storage unit today!