How to Have a Successful Garage Sale: 6 Must Follow Garage Sale Tips and Tricks
Posted on: April 6, 2019 | by: admin
A garage sale is a good way to make extra money while getting rid of items you no longer want or need. Are you considering hosting a garage sale this spring or summer? Check out this blog for some must-follow garage sale tips for sellers.
Garage Sale Tips for Sellers
- Check ahead of time for permits: Arguably the most important tip for hosting a garage sale is to check with your community to see if you need a permit. While not all cities require a permit for a garage sale, hosting a garage sale without a permit can lead to your event getting shut down.
- Team up with neighbors: The bigger the sale, the more people you will attract. While a single garage sale will attract visitors, multiple sales in one area will attract visitors from all over your community. This also allows you to combine resources and help each other out where you need it.
- Focus on advertising: When it comes to advertising for an event, take advantage of your resources. Post information about your sale on your social media platforms and ask your friends to share it. Additionally, put posters up around your neighborhood and community to let people know about your event.
- Categorize your items: When people come to your garage sale, they likely will not want to spend a ton of time sorting through your items. In order to make sure your customers can easily find the items they are looking for, split all of your items into categories. For example, keep all clothing together, all electronics together and all furniture together.
- Pick up change: Before your garage sale, pick up change to break cash. This will make your garage sale go much smoother.
- Consider adding a baked goods table: Do you have young kids? Occupy them by having them help sell baked goods and lemonade. This is especially smart if it’s a particularly hot day. This will help keep your kids busy while making you some extra money at the same time.
Organize Your Home With a Storage Unit Rental!
Digging through all of your items to find what you want to sell can take time. During the weeks or months leading up to your move, consider storing the items for your garage sale in a storage unit. This will help your home to be clutter free as soon as possible, while still letting you benefit from having a garage sale.
Are you looking for a storage unit near you? Lighthouse Self Storage has storage facilities in Cooper City, FL, West Palm Beach, FL, Homestead, FL, Fort Lauderdale, FL, Whittier, CA, Westminster, CA and Oceanside, CA.
Our storage facilities offer temperature controlled storage units for storing more sensitive items, like furniture, electronics, appliances and clothing. Keep your home organized and reserve a 5×5, 5×10 and 10×10 storage unit today!