Garage Organization Tips to Prepare for Summer
Posted on: April 20, 2018 | by: admin
Although it seems like spring just started, summer will be here before we know it! Along with summer comes water balloon fights, ball games and other outdoor activities. But, nothing puts a damper on summer activities like not being able to find the outdoor equipment you are looking for. And let’s face it, who wants to spend time digging around and organizing their garage when the weather is nice? Spend more time enjoying the summer weather and less time digging through your garage by trying out these garage organization ideas!
Garage Organization Ideas for a More Organized Summer
- Sort Through Your Items: While many of the items in your garage are still getting used and you definitely want to keep them around, there may be some that you’re able to get rid of. Sort through all of the items in your garage and put them into piles labeled “keep”, “sell”, “donate” and “throw out”. Consider hosting a garage sale to get rid of the items in the “sell” pile. This can help you to make a little extra cash to afford new organizers for your garage, like shelving and cabinets.
- Use Garage Shelving: Utilize garage shelving to store your smaller and more commonly used items. This will not only help to keep you neat and organized, it will also help to protect more fragile items that could easily be damaged in your garage.
- Use a Garage Storage Cabinet: A garage storage cabinet is a great option for the items you don’t use very often. Tuck seasonal items or items that don’t have a home away until they are ready to be used.
- Utilize Wall Space: The more items you’re able to store on your walls, the more space you will have in your garage. You can purchase inexpensive hooks, shelves and bulletin boards from your local hardware store.
- Organize Your Garage into Categories: Organize your garage so you can spend less time digging for your summer items and more time enjoying them. Keep the sprinklers, water balloons and hoses in one section and the sports equipment in another section.
Lighthouse Self Storage Has Garage Storage Solutions
Are you still running out of space in your garage? Create more space in your garage by utilizing a storage unit. A self storage unit can be used to store seasonal items or items that aren’t used as often. Lighthouse Self Storage has storage facilities in Whittier, CA, Westminster, CA, Oceanside, CA, Carson, CA, Homestead, FL, Fort Lauderdale, FL and West Palm Beach, FL. Are you interested in learning more about a storage unit rental with Lighthouse Self Storage? Contact us to a rent a storage unit today!