The Top Curbside Appeal Tips to Make Your Home More Appealing to Buyers
Posted on: April 13, 2018 | by: admin
When a potential buyer pulls up to view your house, what is the first thing they are going to notice? The curb appeal of your home. So, what is curb appeal? And how can I use it to help my home sell faster? Stay with us and we will answer these questions and more!
What is Curb Appeal?
Curb appeal is the first defined as how attractive the outside of your home looks when viewed from the street or by car. Curb appeal is used to improve the way a potential buyer views your house, leading them to hopefully want to see more of it.
So how can I use curb appeal to attract more potential buyers to my home? Try out these 6 top tips!
6 Must-Follow Curb Appeal Tips
- Fix the Front Door: The front door sets the vibe for the entire home. Is the paint color on your front door too dark? Is it peeling? Is it a color that would appeal to a variety of buyers? Repainting your front door is an easy way to create a clean look.
- Tend to the Lawn and Landscaping: A manicured and well-kept lawn will make your home look more attractive to buyers. Plant flowers to add extra pops of colors, add seeds to areas where the grass is sparse and pull any visible weeds.
- Keep Your Photos Updated: Showcase your work! As you do more work to the outside of your house, take updated pictures! This will help to get the awareness out about your home.
- View Your Home from the Eyes of a Buyer: Take the time to walk a lap around the outside of your home and try to view it from the eyes of a buyer. Do you have shingles missing from your roof? Fix it. Are your trees too over grown? Tend to them.
- Pressure Wash Walkways, Deck, Siding and Driveway: Pressure washing your deck, walkways, driveway and siding can make your home look much more clean and attractive. If you do not have a pressure washer, consider renting one from a hardware and home improvement store.
- Evaluate Your Lighting: The right amount of lighting will make your home look more inviting and homey. Think about it, if your home isn’t properly lit and a potential buyer drives by at night, their first impression of your home may be negative. Additionally, how can you showcase all of your hard curb appeal work if the outside of your home isn’t properly lit?
Lighthouse Self Storage is Here for All of Your Outside Storage Needs
All of these tips are great, but if your front lawn is too cluttered, it will still look unattractive to buyers. A storage unit is a great solution for storing outdoor grills, swing sets and toys that you may not want to show potential buyers. And the best part about a storage unit rental is that we are here for you for as long as you need us to be. Did your home sell in a month and you no longer need your storage unit, that’s great! Thank you for storing with us. Or, maybe, even though your home sold faster with these tips, you learned to love the less-cluttered look and want to keep your outdoor items in storage for longer. That’s great too!
Lighthouse Self Storage has storage facilities in Whittier, CA, Westminster, CA, Oceanside, CA, Carson, CA, Homestead, FL, Fort Lauderdale, FL and West Palm Beach, FL, with both traditional and climate controlled storage unit options. For smaller storage needs, we have 5×5 and 5×10 storage units. For larger outdoor storage needs, we also have 10×10 and 10×15 storage unit options. Contact us to rent a self storage unit today!