Self Storage for Contractors: The Top Tips to Help You Get the Most Out of Your Storage Unit Rental
Posted on: April 27, 2018 | by: admin
Renting storage space to store tools and equipment is essential for construction companies. Whether it is a short or long-term storage unit rental, the use of a storage unit allows construction companies to store their items in a convenient, safe and secure location. Contractors need a quick, easy and affordable storage solution that allows them to be extremely mobile, while still maximizing their profitability.
For a contractor, time is money. An organized storage unit will help contractors to get in, get out and get back to work. Keep reading to find 5 great contractor storage tips!
The 5 Top Contractor Storage Tips
- Clean Your Tools: Tools and equipment should be cleaned before they are placed into storage. Over time, any dust, dirt or moisture that is left on tools can result in the formation of rust. Thoroughly cleaning and drying all tools and equipment before they are placed into storage will help to prevent this from happening.
- Keep Your Most Used Tools in the Front: Reduce the amount of time spent digging for items needed in your storage unit by storing the most commonly used items at the front of your storage unit.
- Store Items in Clear Boxes: Store all small tools inside of clear storage containers. The containers will help to protect your tools from dust, dirt or anything else that may damage your tools. The storage containers will be light and easy to stack, making them very easy to transport to other places. Additionally, since the storage containers are clear, you’ll be able to easily see what items are stored inside.
- Create an Aisle: If you are storing large equipment, you will likely need a larger unit like a 5×10 or 10×10 storage unit. While it can be tempting to fill your storage unit to the brinks to maximize space, it is still important to create a narrow aisle stretching to the back of your storage unit. Otherwise, every time you want an item located in the back of your storage unit, you’ll have to spend valuable time trying to get to it.
- Invest in a Climate Controlled Storage Unit: Fluctuations in temperature can be detrimental to tools and equipment. When you are storing expensive and sensitive equipment, like construction tools and equipment, it is important to utilize a climate controlled storage unit. Do you have questions regarding a climate controlled storage unit rental? Contact us to speak to one of our friendly storage specialists!
Lighthouse Self Storage Has Contractor Storage Solutions
Are you looking for a contractor storage unit? Lighthouse Self Storage has self storage units for contractors in the Whittier, CA, Westminster, CA, Carson, CA and the Fort Lauderdale, FL area. Whether your contractor storage needs are big or small, Lighthouse Self Storage has a contractor storage solution for you. Contact us to rent a storage unit today!