5 Spring Cleaning Tips and Tricks
Posted on: March 15, 2019 | by: admin
As the weather starts to warm, many people focus their energy on spring cleaning their home. Completing a spring cleaning project can help to freshen up your home for the summer. When you’re prepared, spring cleaning doesn’t have to be a chore. Try out these important tips for spring cleaning your home!
Spring Cleaning Checklist: Complete These 5 Steps!
- Create a plan: One of the best ways to stay motivated to achieve your spring cleaning goals is to put a plan in place. When choosing the best locations to start your project, pick locations you often overlook. For example, if your garage doesn’t often get enough TLC, start there. This will help you to get the most difficult places under control first.
- Choose your cleaners wisely: It’s amazing how many harmful chemicals can be in cleaning materials. Before bringing a cleaning chemical into your home, research it. If you’re looking to go the 100% chemical-free route, consider using a steamer, distilled vinegar, water and baking soda. It is important to understand that there are some limitations to what these chemical free cleaners can clean. Before using them on any surface, be sure to research it.
- Replace the HVAC filter: it isn’t uncommon to suffer from allergy related symptoms during the spring. A new air filter can also help to ensure you are breathing in healthy and clean air. It is important to understand that no spring cleaning project is complete without changing the air filter.
- Don’t forget about the windows: When cleaning your home, don’t forget about the windows. Dust and dirt can build up from the winter which can cause an allergy nightmare. Clean windows also allow light to get it more effectively and can help your home to look cleaner.
- Declutter: When cleaning each room, keep a look out for items that are seasonal, or you no longer use. Items that are broken or you no longer want, should be discarded. If you find items you still want to hold onto but do not have room for, consider a storage unit rental. A storage unit rental can help you to declutter your home while still letting you keep what matters to you.
Need Extra Storage Space?
Are you looking for a storage unit near you? Lighthouse Self Storage has storage facilities near you in Whittier, CA, Westminster, CA, Oceanside, CA, Homestead, FL, Fort Lauderdale, FL and West Palm Beach, FL! Our storage facilities have 5×5, 5×10 and 10×10 storage units, perfect for any sized spring cleaning project. Reserve a storage unit with Lighthouse Self Storage and declutter your home this spring!